Thursday 1 July 2010

Tiger's Child - Torey Hayden 1995 * * * *



I haven't read the prequel to this story which describes Sheila's life in more detail but I am pretty sure this book gave me as much information as was necessary.
The second Hayden book for me, this tells of Torey's encounter with a mentally and physically abused and abusive little girl who is abandoned at a young age and finds her way into Torey's special needs class. The amount of time that Torey and Sheila spend together is very brief in comparison to her other case I read ( Ghost Girl) but there is still plenty of time to get to know her and find out how gifted she really is. Torey Hayden has a wonderfully gentle way of writing which is in no way arrogant or money grabbing - she really just wants to help these children who have no one else and that is very heartwarming to see. A captivating and gripping book. I will be reading more of her work.

Started 28th June
Finished 30th June

No comments:

Post a Comment