Thursday 7 November 2013

Old Flames - Jack Ketchum 2008 ****


For as long as I have been an adult I have been trying to find the equivalent horror novel in the style of a Point Horror book. Those books were the root of my reading as a teenager and I always felt that if I could find an author whole could transport me back to that kind of world I would be on a winning streak.
Luckily, Jack Ketchum may just well be that author as I discovered in the first book of his I have read. I devoured it overnight, and am looking forward to the next one of his I have bought.
The book centres on obsession, greed and lust, and is told dramatically, sexually and explicitly. It's very well written and incredibly easy to read about a woman who cannot let go after a brief affair with a married man comes to an end.
Can't wait for the next one. Have also ordered a couple of Richard Laymon's to keep me going for a while...

Started 1st November
Finished 2nd November

No comments:

Post a Comment