Sunday 19 January 2014

New Years Resolutions: Bookwise of Course

New Year's Book Resolutions?
Well, the main one appears to be to make a small dent in what I can only describe as a leaning tower of novels on my TBR pile.
I have accumulated a huge number of books in the last few years. And even more at Christmas time.
I also appear to have a complete disregard to all these books the minute I approach the book stall on the market, which draws me to it like magnet. I ALWAYS come away with at least one book, even if it means having to rush back to my office to count out the change.
Although I go through phases of saving money and going to the library, there is nothing quite like coming away with a book from a shop/market/Amazon that you know you can keep forever.
Also I tend to be put off going to the library if it doesn't have the type of books I am after, or if the only books it does have are huge hardbacks which you couldn't carry about anywhere except your bedroom.
Added to which, when you go on Amazon (my favourite online shopping place EVER) it's hard not to be tempted to buy a virtually unmarked and brand new book for 1p (plus £2.75 for postage and packaging). I always find myself loading up book after book into my virtual shopping trolley or wish list, desperate to secure a bargain.
I must stop however, as I am not made of money, even though I feel that having an addiction to books is probably more acceptable than something like drugs or alcohol.
Having read my first Japanese horror book and being suitably scared, I have decided to try to read a few more Asian horrors this year. Something very unnerving about Japanese horror, both on screen and in print.



No comments:

Post a Comment