Sunday 26 January 2014

The Matchbreaker - Chris Manby 2007 ****1/2


A lot of people found Chris Manby's main character Lindsay infuriating in this. And I must say I was amazed at how arrogant and self-centred she was. However, I have to say that I did warm towards her about half way through. Lindsay has always been a daddy's girl, even to the extent of sabotaging all of her father's relationships, and when he becomes engaged to his latest 'squeeze' Karen, she is determined to ruin that as well.
Deciding to take her future mother-in-law to Ibiza for her hen weekend, Lindsay plans to give her a send off she will never forget.
One of my favourite things about chick lit is when the author is describing London. I like taking a virtual trip along Oxford Street or Hyde Park with the character and this is what happened here.
Worth a read.

Started 16th January
Finished 20th January

No comments:

Post a Comment