Wednesday 28 December 2011

Working in London Through the Eyes of Chick Lit

I'm all of a sudden having a bit of a craving for reading chick lit. Christmas has just been and we all had a lovely time, and my step-sister got some fun looking chick lit as a pressie which she was thrilled about. I've always been into chick lit, mostly because I have always had a dream of living in London (although I despise the pollution, the people, the noise and the heat) and reading many of these types of books is brilliant, because it transports you to somewhere (normally London) walks you down the streets, takes you into the cafes and restaurants, and gives you the feeling of being there. Although London is busy and totally overcrowded it makes you feel totally calm reading about it in a novel. I also love the fact that if the heroine works in London i.e. an office or a quirky little business you get an insight of what goes on in there (I have always wanted to do the 9-5 in a London office, preferably in the West End and walk along the Thames at night) It sounds silly when I write it down, but reading these books is ideal for someone who wants to imagine they are living in the capital without actually having to live there. You simply live there through the pages of the book instead. I have felt that ever since I read my first Sophie Kinsella.
2012 is chick lit year.

No comments:

Post a Comment