Saturday 3 December 2011

Complicit - Nicci French 2011 ***




I can't really tell what I thought of this. I want to think highly of it because it's the Nicci French team, but it certainly wasn't as good as the last one I read by them and I found the constant 'before' and 'after' chapters totally confused me.

Plus, Bonnie, the main protagonist is one of the most annoying and deeply unpleasant characters to read, and her actions in finding a body in her friend's flat are completely ridiculous. She is also supposed to be irresistable to all men but from her description sounds fairly unattractive. I must say I did figure out who the murderer was before the end, partly because of the complete lack of depth into the character that it couldn't really be anyone else. And I was amazed that I got to the end and found that I was no closer to understanding what was going on then when I was at the beginning.

Not as strong as their other works. It was certainly full of suspense, but probably not in the way it was supposed to be.




Started 30th November

Finished 2nd December


No comments:

Post a Comment