Thursday 28 January 2010

Little Face - Sophie Hannah 2006* * *

I'm finding it hard to decide what I think of this book. I devoured in just over a day and when I got to the end I realised I was desperately disappointed. The writer is very good at telling the story but contrary to many reviews I actually found the constant junp from one character's story to the next (as well as the jump from 1st to 3rd person) most annoying. I thought the idea of the story was brilliant as I am always interested in slightly eerie and unnatural ideas that 'could just happen' but the ending was really unfair on the readers as it suddenly blurted out an idea that had been hidden pretty much through the whole novel and so we would have had no way of understanding that perspective. All I can say on the good side was that actually I wasn't expecting the ending and it did surprise me which is what a good novel should do. I also couldn't put it down so that was another positive as I love being gripped by a book, but the story could have been woven in a slightly more sympathetic way to the readers.

Started 27th January
Finished 28th January

No comments:

Post a Comment