Wednesday 12 January 2011

Before She Met Me - Julian Barnes * * * * 1986


I've never read anything of Julian Barnes before but after reading this novel I am sure I will be turning to his work again in the near future. This story follows the life of a historian who becomes increasingly obsessed and jealous over his second ex-movie star wife's sexual history. The book is funny, light and not to be taken too seriously, however the ending did give me a bit of a shock, being totally different to the rest of the book. I flew threw the book in just over a day and am now eager to read more of Mr Barnes' work especially 'Talking it Over.' Mr Barnes is a great writer on the subject of relationships and there are parts in the previous novel that I could actually understand and relate to myself. He is obviously completely clued up on how people relate to and understand each other as regards to romance and should be read by everyone who has ever been in a relationship.

Started 5th January
Finished 6th January

No comments:

Post a Comment