Saturday 15 January 2011

The British Museum is Falling Down - David Lodge 1965 * * *


I've never read any David Lodge, and this first offering wasn't too bad at all. It wasn't hysterical and I wasn't rolling around on the floor in laugh like I had hoped but it was an easy and unassuming read by someone greatly admired in the literary world. I will be happy to read another of his books although like Tom Sharpe I had hoped that this author would have opened up new doors of hilarious reading which doesn't seem to have happened quite yet. Maybe I need to read another of his to really get a feel for his style of writing? I'll leave David Lodge for a while and go back to him later, maybe he needs to be read in another state of mind.
Started 9th January
Finished 15th January

No comments:

Post a Comment