Friday 21 January 2011

Your Heart Belongs to Me - Dean Koontz 2009 * * *


I'm pretty sure this is the first Dean Koontz novel I have read, and it certainly was an easy read. The story itself is pretty bizarre and weird but apparently that is Dean Koontz's style. However, the first part of the book introduces us to Ryan, a rich kid with a beautiful girlfriend named Sam. After a terrifying ordeal involving his heart he finds out he needs urgent surgery. His operation is a success but what happens afterwards is definitely not on the side-effects list.
The plot is a bit jumpy further into the book and I must say that the ending doesn't make any sense at all, but I guess that's the point of a book like this. Will have to read another of his books to see how his style changes. My idea of an ideal horror/thriller is a sort of adult Point Horror, I wonder if I will ever find one.
Started 18th January
Finished 19th January

No comments:

Post a Comment