Monday 23 May 2011

Murder is Easy - Agatha Christie 1939 ***





I really must be pressing on with my challenge of reading every single Agatha Christie book by the time I'm 30. But at only the 4th mark now I haven't got much to go on. However, I approached this next book with interest, mainly because the plot looked so good, and mainly because I was trying to explore the world of Agatha Christie without the famous Poirot and Marple in every book.

Well I must say I was rather disappointed by this 1939 offering from the Queen of Crime. The characters were drawn up in what I thought was a rather childish way and the whole feel of the book felt curiously amateur for such a brilliant writer. The main protagonist, Luke, seemed to spend most chapters going over the same information over and over again and the style that it was written made it very confusing. I did guess the murderer towards the end but it wasn't exactly pleasurable and to be honest I was just trying to finish it as soon as possible. Not one of her best that I have read but it certaniyl won't put me off.


Started 19th May

Finished 21st May

No comments:

Post a Comment