Friday 27 May 2011

Three Act Tragedy - Agatha Christie 1934 ***




I devoured this in little over a day because I was so wrapped up in the characters and plot. I do vaguely remember watching this on ITV3 a while back and was half hoping I could remember the ending and half praying that I didn't.

I still cannot get over how how utterly brilliant Agatha Christie is at constructing a storyline where everything neatly falls into place at the end and I can NEVER guess!

The one thing that I didn't like so much about this book was that Poirot was barely in it!

It was effectively a standalone novel based around the two main characters with Poirot appearing every now and again which spoiled it for me. But yet again I was surprised when the culprit was revealed, although I had skimmed over the idea half way through the book but I never find enough evidence in my head to believe it's who I want it to be. Maybe I should take tips from Poirot and use my 'Little Grey Cells' ...



Started 26th May

Finished 27th May


No comments:

Post a Comment